The quality policy of the Department of Sociology focuses on the effective education of our students in order to meet the needs of the labor market and the effective fulfillment of their professional rights.
Specifically, the targeting of the learning and the know-how of the MFA includes the coverage of the wide range of sociological rights of the sociologists, as reflected in Presidential Decree 199 A / 2009, which ensures and describes the professional rights of the graduates of the Department of Sociology. Also, in academic year in the years 2016-17, the three sections of the Sociology of the country decided, with the decisions of their assemblies, the enrichment of the professional rights and the sending of the new draft DS or Ministerial Decision to the Minister of Education, responding to the modern needs of society, corresponding departments in other country universities and to ensure the quality of MAPs based on the new needs of science and society.
Graduates of the Department of Sociology at Panteion University can, based on the general and specialized knowledge acquired during their studies, be employed in a wide range of activities both as freelancers and as employees in any employment relationship:
- Primary and Secondary Education, Public and Private, as Teachers, in the disciplines and under the conditions provided by the relevant legislation.
- In Higher Education, Public and Private, as members of Teaching and Research Staff, in the branches and under the conditions provided by the relevant legislation.
- In the Public Services, Ministries, Self-Government of all levels, Public Hospitals and Social Services, as employees and officers, in subjects related to social research, needs assessment and social planning of interventions in society.
- In the Public, Private and Social Sector, as Trainers and as employees or freelancers, in subjects related to their Title of Study.
- In the Armed Forces and Security Bodies, as employees and officers, in subjects related to analysis and resolution of social problems and crisis management.
- In social research programs, as researchers in organizing, designing and conducting basic and applied research projects (research on needs assessment, impact assessment, evaluation, and research-action), using quantitative, qualitative and mixed research plans.
- In public and private research centers, as employees and as freelancers, in subjects related to social research and analysis as well as the design of research programs.
- In Primary, Secondary and Post-Graduate Education, as Sociologists-Advisors, with the object of supervising, researching, analyzing and solving problems of the relations of the educational community and society, trainers and trainees and trainees among them.
- In the public and private sectors, as Labor Sociologists, as employees and freelancers in issues related to vocational guidance, counseling on labor issues and research on the world of work.
- In the courts of all levels, as counselors, to analyze the social problems of the parties.
- In the Public Enforcement Officers of the country, Public and Private, as Consultants, Analysts, and Employers, in subjects related to their Title of studies and their specialized knowledge.
- In public-private and social bodies, as Consultants and experts on issues of social reintegration of prisoners and dependents.
- In Associations and Unions of all levels, as Market Makers and Program Organizers for communication with national and international organizations, on issues of collective bargaining, signing of collective agreements and institutional support of collective claims.
- In the Ministry of Labor and its bodies dealing with research on working conditions, labor rights as well as trade unions and workers' unions.
- To the Ministry of Culture and its decentralized agencies for the research of cultural needs and capabilities with the aim of shaping cultural policies and activities.
- To the Ministry of the Environment and to public authorities dealing with the environment and its protection, especially for investigating the environmental and social impacts of technology applications on urban planning, spatial planning and sustainable development, as well as environmental awareness of citizens.
- In the Ministry of the Interior and its supervised bodies dealing with immigration issues aiming at shaping and implementing policies of social integration and protection of rights.
- In the Ministry of Education and its supervised bodies as Educational Sociologists, Counselors and Executives on issues of prevention and tackling school violence and bullying, as well as raising awareness of social phenomena such as juvenile delinquency
- In the Ministry of Justice and its supervised bodies and to the Prisons of the country, Public and Private, as Consultants, Experts, Researchers, Analysts and Employers, in subjects related to their Title of studies and their specialized knowledge
- In the Ministry of Citizen Protection as Consultants, Researchers and Experts on Objects Regarding Their Title of Study and Their Specialized Knowledge
- In the private sector, as consultants and executives, the task of coordinating work-process groups within the organization of production.
- In governmental and non-governmental organizations as counselors for the protection of the rights of vulnerable social groups
- In Public and Private Sector Organizations and Bodies, Development Bodies, Employment Promotion Centers for Employee Planning and Employee Training.
- In non-governmental organizations to design and develop effective policies to manage social problems.
- As Independent Principles of Audit of SMEs, Citizens' Rights and the corresponding other areas of the State for the sociological analysis of their activities and the promotion of social research in the relevant fields.
The updating of the professional rights of sociologists marks the process of the ongoing formative evaluation of the quality policy of the MAP, as well as the renewal and updating of the MAP of the Department that preceded the academic year 2016-17.