Title/academic status: Associate Professor
Section: Neohellenic Society
Academic field: Economic and Social Transformation
Address: Syggrou Av. 136, 176 71, Athens, Greece
-Economic and Social transformation in Eastern Europe in 20th and 21th century and especially before and after 1989.
-Sociology of Development with emphasis on Developed World and developing Third World.
-Theory of Global System
-Sustainable Development, Green Economy, Climate Change.
-History of Capitalism and Economic History.
-Technology and Economic Transformation.
>Teaching at undergraduate level the following courses:
• (2003-16) Sociology of education Ι;
• (2003-16) Sociology of education ΙΙ;
• (2005-2014) Social inequalities Ι;
• (2005-2014) Social inequalities ΙΙ. Policies for combating social exclusion (co-teaching)
• (2010-16) ‘Internship’: in charge of students’ internship -2 semesters- for the Section of Social Morphology
• (2013-16) Social Theory I (classical sociologists); and
• (2013-16) Social Theory II (classical sociologists)
>Teaching at the Postgraduate (master’s) studies programme:
• (2006-13) Sociology of Knowledge: the problem of values and theoretical abstractions (autonomous & co-teaching)
MEMBERSHIP OF SCIENTIFIC ORGANISATIONS
-European Sociological Association (ESA)
-Hellenic Sociological Society
-Foundation of Greek Sociologists and -Dutch Foundation of Sociologists.
Books (authored) and Journal (co-edited)
2013. Kantzara V., Colombo M., Brereton B., Sebastiao J., M. Van Houtte, (eds.) Pluralism and Diversity Management in Education, in Italian Journal of Sociology of Education, vol. 5 (2), pp. 252, ISSN 2035-4983, http://www.ijse.eu/index.php/ijse/issue/view/16
2010. Τa oria tis ekpaideysis. Dokimia (The limits of education. Essays), Athens: Atrapos, pp. 276. 2008. Ekpaideysi kai koinonia. Kritiki diereynisi ton koinonikon leitourgion tis ekpaideysis (Education and society. A critical exploration of the social functions of education), Athens: Polytropon, pp. 360.
2001. An Act of Defiance, an Act of Honour. Gender and Professional Prestige among Teachers in Secondary Education in Greece, ISBN:90-393-25790, PhD Thesis, University of Utrecht, the Netherlands, pp. 333.